Do you find that the pace of life has quickened over recent years? People seem to be busier than ever. Consequently the trend for home cleaning services has practically quadrupled over the past few years. People want cleaners to do the everyday mundane tasks for them.
But letting someone into your home is a big risk. What about your valuables? Will they break your expensive ornaments? Can you trust your cleaner?
Lets look at some top tips on how to go about finding the best cleaning service for you.
1. Many house cleaning services advertise the fact that they are police vetted. You need to see proof of this. You also need to see references. I would even check up on these too - they could be false.
2. You need peace of mind that if they do accidentally break one of your expensive ornaments, that they are insured to cover the cost. Check that they are covered for accidental damage.
3. They should be friendly but professional. Too many house cleaners end up sipping coffee and chatting. This is not professional and not what you pay them for. They should not take any breaks while cleaning your home.
4. Going for the cheapest rate is not always the best strategy. If cleaners charge a slightly higher rate then they have to live up to that expectation. Sometimes cheap spells tacky and not professional.
5. It really easy to carry out research for house cleaning rates. Do it online, it is free, anonymous and quicker.
6. Cleaners should be flexible towards your personal situation. Do they do regular weekly cleans, fortnightly cleans and one-off total house blitz cleaning?
7. Be aware that it is the norm to be charged a higher rate for your first clean.
8. A house-cleaning checklist is a way to ensure that you get the things done and cleaned what you want. You may want things done and cleaned differently from one week to another. So by having your cleaner working to your checklist makes sense to get all your tasks completed.
9. If you need heavy duty jobs done such as construction clean-up, garage cleaning or post-moving, then think about using a robust specialized cleaning service.
10. Have you given any thought into whose handling the cleaning products? Do you want your cleaner to bring their own? Or, are you happy to provide the cleaning materials for them.
There will be other factors to take into consideration when hiring a cleaner. However these tips should help you start your thinking process of what to look out for and what you actually want from your cleaner.
Some cleaners market their services by boasting that they clean your home faster and more thoroughly than their competitors.
I would't pay too much attention to these claims. At the end of the day all you want is someone who is trustworthy and professional. They will follow their own cleaning techniques to clean your home to your standards.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!